Thank you Agape
Dear Agape House,
“I just wanted to say thank you for this opportunity to share a home with my daughter. I was thinking the other day how nice it is to have a home to decorate for fall and have our little routine each day. Thank you for helping me get to this point!”
~ single mother resident
About a year and a half ago my daughter and I were homeless. My boyfriend was drinking a lot and in a lot of trouble, I felt helpless and hopeless. After a lot of bad choices, the boyfriend got arrested. I was distressed, lost, and facing homelessness. I gave all the responsibility on him to take care of us. He insisted too, so I let him. Well, I had to pack up all my stuff and put it in three storage sheds. I lived with my brother and it was a bad place for my daughter. I then moved in with friends and that just added more to our stress. I shortly moved into a mission where we found Jesus and he provided me with Agape House. I am so thankful and blessed. I have embraced Jesus and his gifts. I returned to school to accomplish my goals, they [Agape] have provided me a home and my daughter can feel secure. I also had the opportunity to fix my teeth. I feel at peace to grow into a woman I know I can be without a man. I am an independent mother who will accomplish her goals and they have given me loving wings to hold onto. I am so thankful and in awe of their gifts to me and my daughter. Words can never be enough. Thank you!” ~ Resident Family
1 out of 30 Children in Yavapai County are Homeless
Over two dozen families and women with children are on waiting lists for Prescott Area Shelter Services and Yavapai Territorial Gospel Rescue Mission, however their beds are full. Now that Agape House has opened our doors, we can provide relief to these emergency shelters, by partnering with them and taking families.
- Agape House provided 868 nights worth of bedding for homeless single parents in 2016.
- Agape House provided 1996 nights worth of bedding for homeless children and youth in 2016.
- Agape House provided 220 case mentor hours in 2016.
- Agape House Case Mentors provided support and assisted with setting 118 goals for the families in 2016.
- Agape House provided assistance with rent & utilities 88 times during the year 2016.
- Thank you God for a place to call home
- Thank you God for a job
- Prayer for healthy relationships
- Prayer for perseverance at a challenging situation
- Prayer for health of nine residents